Interested in Registering for This Forum?

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Interested in Registering for This Forum?

Postby mushbssd » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:09 am

Hello,

Due to an unusually large swarm of spambots targeting this site in recent days, and the end of this year's race already having taken place, I have disabled the registration process. This does not mean we can't create new accounts, but please contact the board's main admin (john@teachers4schools.com) directly if you would like to create a new "off-season" account. :D

No other changes to user permissions is necessary, and existing users and mods can continue with their usual activities. This is just a temporary measure.

Forum Admins: Contact me if you have any questions, or prefer that re-enable open registration.

Warm Regards,

John :ugeek:
mushbssd
Site Admin

Re: Interested in Registering for This Forum?

Postby Johncn » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:51 am

Hey All,

I have reactivated the registration controls for this year's race. Have fun! :geek:

Note: It seems that there is a backlog in mods activating valid user accounts due to the HUGE number of spam accounts that bots are trying to create. If you register for this forum, and don't get a response, please email me at john@teachers4schools.com. Be sure to include the "Username" (nickname) you registered, and the day / date which you filled out the form. Try to use sentences. I will respond to all inquiries as I can.

JohnCn
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai & Confucius

John Cn
Professional Amateur
Email: john@teachers4Schools.com
Johncn

Skype ID: Johncn2

Postby txbennett » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:02 pm

Thanks Johncn! How does the Florida coast compare to Unalakleet? :D :D :D
txbennett

Postby braider » Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:32 pm

Johncn...Thank you, and BSSd, so much for the forum you have provided us. It has long been my #1 'go to' for information about the race. ...Dave
braider

Location: Bemidji, Minnesota - the first city on the Mississippi River

Return to Mushing Talk